Monday, May 27, 2013

Brights Birthday

Happy Monday!!!

If you know me at all you'll KNOW that today is my favorite day of the week.  Ahhhh ... silence is golden!  ... well that and I'm a "good girl" during the week ... I eat properly, drink my water, excercise and get things done.  Weekends ... not so much.  I think this weekend I ate my weight in Goodies.  In my defence it WASN'T MY FAULT!!!  Craig BOUGHT them ... and then he made the fatal error of TELLING me they were in the house.  Well ... he only has himself to blame when he went to have some Sunday night and found only 17 of them left ... I TOLD him I can't be trusted with a bag of those within a 2 mile radius of the house!  Fresh, candy coated blobs of licorice (boy does THAT look like it's spelled wrong!!  Note to self ... read the label on the next bag of Goodies that enters the house to find out how to spell licorice ...) ... wait a minute ... we interrupt this rambling ... because ...Oh!  look ... the dog just walked into the room with my yoga pants in his mouth ... oh well ... better yoga pants than undies!  ... I think he's feeling ignored today ...

Yes, this is exactly how I've been ALL day:
On one track one minute and then SQUIRREL!! ... funny thing is I'm totally AWARE I'm doing it ... it's not like I'm sleepy or dozy or any of the usual excuses ... My brain just works too fast sometimes *lol*.  Case in point ... today's card (hmmm ... apostraphe or not ... it's a posessive - the card that belongs to today ... so yes ... apostrophe ... how the heck do you spell apostrephe??  Awww ...
Right ... for today's card I went downstairs to make a wedding card.  I have a class coming up in 2 weeks and thought I'd play with some of my new toys ... (I spent all weekend purging my craft room for my upcoming New Catalogue Release Open House and Garage Sale ... so I actually struck desk!!)  Squirrel!  Focus.  Card.  Right.  Wedding card.  Yes, the hostess of the party requested a wedding card ... so down I went.  Here is what I came up with:
Whaaaaaat????  Come on ... nothing says congratulations to the bride and groom like a card made with bright, happy colors and a Happy Birthday sentiment, does it?  *lol*  See?  I TOLD you I was like this all day:
I PLANNED to to make a wedding card but as I sat to look at my toys I spotted my new stamp set from the new catalogue ... and ... well ... I just couldn't resist!  I bought an alphabet set hoping to make a case of this card:
I found it on Pinterest a few weeks ago and fell in love with the happy, colorful layout.  I'm afraid I can't give credit for it, though ... I can't find the original source - the pinterest link fails :(  So ... whomever came up with it ... thank you!  Love it!  So let's look at my card again (because ... to be honest ... the picture of MY card is now too high up on my post for me to see and I'm too lazy to keep scrolling up to go through the details of it *lol*) ... are you FOLLOWING any of this post???  If you're keeping up with me I think maybe you should seek some counselling ... maybe we could get a discount if we go together ... right ...
... the card again ...
Let's see now.  Oh yes .. the stamp set.  There is a new one coming out on Friday called "ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers" ... check out page 131 when the catty is released on Friday :)  The set is 35 pieces ... alphabet letters and numbers - one per block ...

My first crack at this card was a bust ... I tried to eyeball the lining up and spacing of the word "happy" ... but since you have to stamp each letter one at a time it was crooked.  Of course being as anal as I am I simply couldn't live with it like that so I had a do-over.  This time I drew a faint line with a ruler and pencil and then grabbed my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the letters lined up perfectly.  Seriously.  I love that tool.  Of course once the sentiment was in place I erased the pencil line.  The "birthday" sentiment is from Wacky Wishes ... no ... wait ... no it's not ... I lie ... it's from Sassy Salutations ($21.95 clear; $28.95 wood - yes, it's carried over to the new catalogue).  I inked the "birthday" with my black marker.  I used my 3/4" circle punch for the circles.  The colors:  Bermuda Bay (yummy!!!), Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry.  The Tangerine circle is popped up with a dimensional (the rest are flat) and it has a rhinestone on it.  The mat is Melon Mambo.  A little too time consuming to mass product this one but FUN for a kids card!  I wanted to try one more thing on this layout so I made another card ... lookie:
For this one I used the "Typeset Alphabet Bigz" dies.  Elaine W ... it's all YOUR fault that I had to order it!  I never really noticed it until you mentioned it one day ... of course that planted the seed that over the last month took root and started to sprout ... then I saw the card above and WHAM!  Full flowers! ... so I had to buy it (yes ... you can borrow it!)  These dies aren't cheap - $110.95 for the set ... (but if you host a qualifying party you can get it for 50% off ... which is what I did :) )but they are a great investment ... especially if you are a scrapbooker!  ...  These letters are a great size for titles - each one measureas 1 1/4" high.  Again, not a card I would mass produce but fun to play with for sure!  Now ... I'm not really sure what possessed me to have a black butterfly on this card but hey!  I can't deny my inner mojo ... it wanted to be black so black I made it!  Well, that and I found any other color was just TOO much color ... so I tied it in with the black "birthday".  A few rhinestones and Wa-low!  Another happy card :)

Now!  Tonight's plan was to go back down and work on that wedding card but I just got notice that my hostess had to cancel her class *sad face* ... so instead I'm going to go price those 4 BOXES of retiring products that are waiting to be snapped up by my lovely stampin' gals!  ... or maybe I'll go play with another new set I've been drooling over all week and see what I can come up with!  Pop in soon to check it out!  Until then ... have a
... oh ... you know the rest :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment