Friday, February 15, 2013

Tea Bag Thank You

Happy Friday!!!

Did y'all have a nice Valentine's Day?  I had a relaxing day ... once I walked the dog (and CHOSE to skip the eliptical!!) I picked up the girls - one headed to my mom's for a play date - the other had a friend over to our house for a play date so I tidied up, did a LITTLE work and a little crafting.  I went to yoga with a girlfriend for a little excercise and relaxation (I suppose I SHOULD have spent the night at home snuggling with my husband on the couch but ... well ... maybe tonight ;) )

So I thought I'd pick up the pace a little on my blogging!!  Today I want to show you the "Thank You" treat my club girls got this month.  They were SUPER quick and easy to make.  This is MY KIND OF TREAT!!  Check it out:
I LOVE these!!  Seriously - SO quick and easy to make!!
Take a piece of cs 10 1/2" x 3 1/2" (I used Soft Suede) - score at 3 1/2" and 7".  Fold  Then cut the end panel from corner to corner (I found using my NEW Stampin' Up Paper Trimmer worked better for this than my big cutter - more precise ...)
Then you simply decorate as desired!  For mine I grabbed my From the Heart set (page 139 - $35.95 clear; $48.95 wood) and stamped it on a 3" x 3" piece of vanilla c.s. (in soft suede).  I used a strip of sticky strip along the bottom and attach some of our delicious Victoria Crochet Trim (page 173 - $9.50) in a "scrunchy" manner (yes, it's a word!!).  I then added an Antique brad (page 174 - $7.50 ... I go through these things like Tic Tacs!!!).  For the inside I used a little tick of sticky strip at the point of the fold ... and snail along the rest to keep it closed.  Snail alone is not enough - gravity pops it open every time ... trust me ... I've tried it over and over and over again ... and every time I resort to sticky strip!  I used "A Cup of Thanks" in soft suede from the Tea Shopped set (page 57 - $33.95 clear; $42.95 wood) ... I FINALLY got to ink up this set!!!  I punched the sentiment out with the Modern Label punch.  On the right hand side of the inside flap I stamped a little cup and tea bag from "Morning Cup" (page 56 - $20.95 clear; $26.95 wood).  Again!  I got to ink up a set I HAD to have ... but that has sat unused for months!!! (Sound familiar???)  And that's it!  Tuck a tea bag inside and you have a SWEET little Thank You gift!

I hope you like it as much as I do!  Until next time ... have a stampy day!

Tam

2 comments:

  1. These look like exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete