Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Postage Due - Monochromatic

Happy Wednesday!

I'll get right to it today as I have a VERY busy day ahead (well ... when Isay "busy" I mean I have a lot of coffee dates lined up for the day *lol*)

This is the second card I made using Postage Due.  It took me quite a while for me to be happy with all of the little details on this card ... but I AM really happy with how it turned out (I seem to be on a bit of a monochromatic roll this month!)  Here it is:
Eeeee!  Love it!  So crisp and clean!  I stamped the main image with White Craft Ink on a piece of  3 1/2" x 4" piece of Soft Suede cs.  After having the strip of white Details Lace Tape (page 3 of the mini - $7.95 ... LOVE this stuff!!) in every conceivable position I settled on it being down the LHS of the suede piece.  Perfect!  The stamps are all in Soft Suede and punched out with the Postage Stamp punch.  To get the "writing" along the background I simply used my Crumb Cake marker to color JUST the writing on the stamp and stamped it in various positions.  Of course AFTER I made the card I realized there is a Builder Wheel called Travel Journal (page 108 - $5.95) that I will use next time to make the job a lot faster (of course I don't really USE my wheel any more - I now always cut the rubber image down the seam and then peel the rubber OFF the wheel (it's just stuck on with double sided tape) and then use the rubber with a clear block.  I find this method a lot more accurate and a lot less frustrating than wheeling - one day I'll take some pictures of how I do this!)

S o that's it for this card!  It's much quicker than yesterday's card *lol*.  Come back tomorrow to see my third and final card using this set.  Until then - have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment