Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Doggie Thank You

Happy Wednesday!

Ahhh ... today is MY kind of day ... I have NOTHING written on the calendar!!!  The plan is to do a little cleaning and a LOT of crafting - PERFECT!!!

Today I want to share the card I will be giving to my friend Tammie as a Thank You for her watching my pup while we were in Hawaii.  I had booked Koda in at the kennels months ago but I just couldn't cope with the thought of leaving him there for 2 weeks.  Luckily Tammie offered to watch him for us!!  We we thrilled ... and SO grateful!  I have a little thank you gift for her and I made a card to go with it.  I can't take credit for it ... it's a case from the fabulous Mary Fish.  Here is her original card:
Isn't it fabulous?  So clean!!  I tried to make a similar card but using punches to make a dog bone.  It sucked.  It hit the garbage pretty quickly and I turned to Mary's card for inspiration.  I 100% cased the paw idea ... the rest a changed slightly.  Here is my version:
I used some retired DSP I had lying around (ONE day I'll actually USE my DSP the same year it is current!).  The paw (which my husband didn't "see" as a paw ... all he saw was an upside down heart *lol*) is made from the large heart punch and the small oval punch from Crumb Cake card stock.  The DSP is layered on some Soft Suede cs.  The sentiment is from Wacky Wishes - one of the hostess sets in the main catalogue, stamped in Soft Suede.  The ribbon is the Soft Suede Taffeta.  I added a jumbo pearl and a few regular ones for accent.  LOVE IT!!!  I can't wait to give it to her :)

That's all for today.  Pop by soon for my tutorial on how to make an adorable Valentine Gift Card Holder ... until then - have a stampy day!!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment