Thursday, February 28, 2013

By The Tide Bookmark Card

Happy Thursday!

Wow ... That's February done, then!  My how the time flies!  ... it's all good, though ... now that we are heading into March the snow will soon be gone and we can all come out of hyberation up here in the Great White North!

So today is my fourth and final project using By The Tide.  As I mentioned yesterday this one almost killed me.  In the end I got there, though!  Here the picture:
When you open the card the inside reads "aren't things".  My family struggled to "get" this one.  I thought I was so clever!  You know ... reading a book ... smelling the flowers ... taking a bubble bath ... watching your children at the park ... THESE are the best things in life.  "So why are you putting a book mark in it then?  Isn't that a thing?"  Sigh.  Can't they just accept that I'm a creative genius and my vision for this card and gift in is beyond brilliant???? 

Well ... whether you "get it" or not ... her are the instruction on how to make it *lol*  (get comfortable ... it's not an easy ... or fast ... read ... then again, how many of my posts are??  Part of my charm, right?  RIGHT??!!)


PAPER: Very Vanilla, River Rock, Soft Suede
STAMP SETS: By the Tide, Feel Goods
INK PADS:  Sahara Sand, River Rock, Soft Suede
ACCESSORIES: Petit Pockets Bigz XL Die (and Big Shot), Labels Collection Framelits, Natural 7/8” Cotton Ribbon, Two Tags Bigz Die, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, 3/16” Corner Rounder punch, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, 1 ¾” Scallop Punch

INSTRUCTIONS: 
·         Cut Very Vanilla card base measuring 8 ½” x 5 ½”
·         Cut River Rock Layer measuring 4” x 5 ¼”
·         Cut Very Vanilla Layer measuring 2 ½” x 5”
·         Cut Soft Suede Petite Pocket using Petite Pocket Bigz XL Die
·         Cut (2) Soft Suede bookmarks using Two Tags
·         Cut a Very Vanilla piece measuring 1 ½” x 3” and round the corners using corner rounder punch
·         Create your own DSP on the Vanilla pieces using By the Tide.  For my project I stamped the coral in Sahara Sand, the sea shells in River Rock and the script and “Nantucket” circle in Soft Suede.
·         Attach your DSP to one of the bookmark pieces and to the card base.
·         Fold the Petite Pocket piece on all score lines and keep it “closed” to run it through the Fancy Fan embossing folder. 
·         Using Sticky Strip tape the pocket closed.  TIP:  Fold the “top” flap of the pocket down first and tape it down – then fold the side pieces and tape them down (using sticky strip) on the OUTSIDE of the pocket.  This seems to allow slightly more room for the bookmark to be inserted easily.
·         Cut a strip of cotton ribbon approx 4” long.  Tie a knot in the middle of it and attach it to the Petit Pocket (snail works fine)
·         Attach the pocket to the card front.
·         Using your Soft Suede marker, directly color “The Best Things In Life” stamp and stamp it on Very Vanilla card stock.
·         Punch your sentiment out using your framelit and attach it to the card front using Sticky strip (along the left hand side) and dimensional (along the right hand side)



For the Bookmark:
·         One of your bookmark pieces has your DSP attached to it.  Trim the second bookmark piece so you only have the top scallop piece.
·         Stamp the sea horse image in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla card stock and punch it out with the 1 ¾” scallop circle punch:
·         Attach the Scalloped sea horse piece to the half scallop Soft Sued piece.  Only apply snail to the LOWER HALF of the sea horse scallop
·         Attach the seahorse scallop to the bookmark – applying snail only to the UPPER HALF of the sea horse scallop.  This will allow for the book mark to hook onto the page of the book when in use:
·         Insert bookmark into pocket – complete sentiment inside (by using your “marker direct to stamp” technique and punching out sentiment and mat accordingly) and you’re done!

"Oh!  Is THAT all" I hear you cry!  Never mind ... just take your iPad or laptop down to the craft room with you and copy whay I did.  You'll know what I mean *lol*

So those are my 4 projects.  I truly hope you enjoyed them and maybe even got some inspiration from them.  I really liked that it stretched me creatively to use a set that I wouldn't normally gravitate towards.  It was an awesome challenge and opportunity.  I'm thrilled and honoured that I was asked to contribute to the one magazine I read cover to cover ... the day it lands in my mailbox.  Until next post ... have a stampy day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment