Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Simply Case!

Happy Wednesday!!!

Apparently I don't have enough stress to motivate me to get downstairs and crack off those last two magazine projects.  Again .... I'm my own worst enemy!!!  I spent the morning having a lovely, relaxing time at the hairdressers (my BFF had given me some gift certificates for hair cuts!!) ... along with my apple fritter and Starbucks Peppermint Mocha coffee.  Of course after the haircut I spent a bunch of money on jewelerry that I didn't need (but it was on SALE! ... it would have been irresponsible NOT to buy some!) and then off to Michaels to buy a storage cart for the girls' coloring books, crayons and markers (once again I felt the need to SAVE a bunch of money and bought $100 worth of things I didn't realize I needed!)  Now that I'm home I kinda LIKE this relaxed feeling ... and lets face it - I work better under pressure *lol*

Sooooo .... last week when I was a basket case trying to create simple yet stunning cards and had completely run out of all creativity I had to resort to desperate measures ... the CASE!  For those of you not "in the know" - CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything.  Us Stampin' Up! Gals are all about copying ideas ... as long as credit is given where credit is due.  Most of us actually think it is an absolute compliment if someone copies our ideas.  It's validations that we are creative geniuses and we are in fact Super Stars in the crafting world *lol*.  Why re-invent the wheel?  A beautiful cards is a beautiful card ... so I cased 'em!

First up is one I cased form myself *lol*.  A few days ago I posted this quick and easy card:
While I really liked the layout  ... (does it look familiar to this one?):
... or perhaps this one ...:
... I found I wasn't loving the Lucky Limeade green ... nor the little strip of DSP along the bottom.  So I cased myself and came up with this one:
Oooo - my ... what I nice picture my new camera took of THAT one!  Same card but I used Basic Black for the accent instead of the green.  Wa-low!  A quick and easy case!

Next up is a STUNNING card that was right up my alley!  It packs a POW and is in my favorite neutrals - Very Vanilla and Early Espresso.  I cased this from Jill Fanchett - visit her at www.jillsink.typepad.com.  Mine is 90% identical to hers:
OMG I love this card!!!  It used the Bigs die for the snowflakes and the Be of Good Cheer DSP.  I added a strip of Espresso cs, stamped the Noel in Espresso (from Greetings of the Season) and added a Jumbo Pearl in the middle.  It doesn't come any quicker, easier or more "wow"ful (yes, it's a word!) than this one!  Thank you Jill for sharing your BEAUUUUUTIFUL card!

Last up (for today) is one I cased from a Super Stamper from Calgary, Alberta (yay Canada!!) Natasha Zandbergen.  Natasha does fabulous work andyou can find her at www.inkingoutofthebox.com.  Again, clean, simple and lovely:
Now ... let's just pause for a moment.  Do you HAVE the Ornament Keepsake Framelits and Keepsake Ornament Stamp set yet?  If you don't WHY THE HECK NOT???  Have you SEEN how many cards I have made with these two items???  The options are simply ENDLESS.  BUY THE DARNED STUFF AND I'LL STOP HARPING ABOUT IT!!!  For those of you who are my customers and DON"T have it ... I KNOW WHO YOU ARE and I'm not scared to start naming names!!! 
So ... Back to the card.  Yes, once again I used the Be of Good Cheer DSP (yes, it's still on sale this week for $10.80!!) with the Holiday Ornament Framelits and my gold Dazzling marker.  The sentiment is from Merry and Type.  Quick - easy - lovely.  Thanks Natasha!

OK ... I now only have an hour before I have to go get the kidlets.  I think I can procrastinate on my projects for another half hour by cleaning the kitchen ... but I better not.  I'm off to create my OWN fabulousness ... and hopefully someone will want to CASE them in the future.

Don't reinvent the wheel ... case a card you see and love! 

Have a stampy day!


Tam






No comments:

Post a Comment