Monday, October 8, 2012

Lunch Box Love Notes, Freightening Feline and Falling Leaves

Happy Monday!

Anyone else having a nice, lazy, turkey-hangover kind of day?  I'm happy to say I've managed to spend most of the afternoon in my craft room.  Good thing too!  My stress levels were though the ROOF around 4:00 am due to not having my class planned for tomorrow night yet.  Well ... that and a few other things.  Namely Alicia!  Yesterday morning she announced that she wanted pierced ears!  She has NEVER wanted pierced ears before but yesterday she marched into the kitchen and stated that she wanted them.  She then spent the next hour or so lamenting over whether to actually go through with it or not due to the pain factor.  To make a long rather boring story short (unheard of for me!) she did it!  I was so proud of her ... and she of herself ... and to be honest by the end of the day I had heard quite enough about how she "couldn't believe I did it's" and "YOU didn't get YOURS until Grade 5 and I'm only in Grade 2!" and "it seems like a dream that it actually happend" ... and on ... and on ... and on ... and on (I don't know where she gets it from *lol*).  ANYWAY!  At 3:30 am she came flying into my bedroom and told me that one of her earings had fallen out!  Sure enough it was gone.  It was in her bed but it SHOULD have been in her ear.  So picture the scene.  It's 3:30 am.  She in her underwear ... I'm in mine ... we're in my bathroom, sitting on the floor with a bottle of rubbing alcohol, cotton balls and a curious cat as I attempt to reinsert the earing into the freshly punctured hole in her ear.  Needless to say I couldn't get it back in.  The hole was just too new.  I could only get it 1/3 of the way in before it hurt too much.  She went back to bed and so did I ... and then I layed there for the next 1 1/2 hours stressing over today.  She would have to go back and get the earing re-done.  You can only imagine how well THAT went down with her!  Luckily Craig took her ... I simply couldn't afford the time ... or the mental energy involved.  She came home happy as a lark with a brand new earing and said it hardly hurt at all.  Thank GOD!  Of course the downside is I'm once again exhausted ... which doesn't make for very efficient or stunning crafting!  Nonetheless I managed to get 3 projects made ... and I will likely make a 4th bonus project just for fun.  So lucky you!  I get to show off lots of projects today.

First up is a quickie I made in about 5 minutes.  I have had "Make Lunch Box Love Notes" on my "to-do" list since the first day of school.  Here we are 1 month later and I finally made the time to do it.  As with most projects on my list it only took 5 minutes so I wonder why it took a month to get around to it!  Here they are:

Sweet!  I simply used the Dress Up set and stamped each image on scrap pieces of card stock I had left over (yes, about once a year I go through all my scrap pieces of whisper white and put them in ziplock bags according to their sizes.  These ones were 2 1/4" and various lengths.  What a great way to use up those scraps!)  Now I'm ready to roll for the next 8 weeks (or so) of lunches!

Next up is a project I rejected yesterday for Technique Class.  It used the Versamark Resist techqnique.  Lookie:
I like it but ... I dunno ... it didn't blow my hair back for the class.  We did Versamark Resist technique a year or two ago so I wanted to do something we've never tried.  For the above card I stamped the music notes in versamark and stamped it on Glossy White card stock.  I then used my sponges in Certainly Celery, So Saffron and Calypso Coral for the shading and then wiped the image with a dry cloth to remove any leftover ink and reveal the musical background.  I stamped the bird image from Serene Silhouettes in Staz-On black - the sentiments is from Pursuit of Happiness.  Oh ... and the card is smaller than standard at 5 1/2" x 3".  Yep - it's pretty but wasn't the winner ...

As you know from my post the other day I settled on the Heat & Stick powder project (not technically a technique but good to learn how to use!).  These are the other projects I came up with for the class ...
I like this card ... I just wish I had the Gold Shimmer paint so I could add it to some alcohol and spritz the leaves to make them gold shimmery but alas ... I don't.  Next purchase!  I ran the Vanilla card stock through the Woodgrain embossing folder (but before I did that I taped a piece of Vellum Card Stock to the folder ... this keeps the image from embossing too deeply and cracking the paper ... free tip!)  I used a small strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper and the images from Falling Leaves.  I stamped them in Soft Suede and then used Watercolor Crayons (Cajun Craze, Mor Mustard, Bravo Burgundy and Garden Green) and my Aqua Painter to blend them.  I cut them out and attached them with glue dots.  I used a Naturals Designer Button for an accent.  I used the Thank You Sentiment from Curly Cute and punched it out with the large oval punch ... and popped it up with dimensionals.  Just needs that shimmer and it would be perfect ;)

Last but not least is just a fun little halloween card.
I stamped the Freighening Feline stamp in Versamark and embossed it with black embossing powder.  I punched it out with the Labels Collection Framelits (this is a MUST OWN item!!)  I then punched a layer in black card stock.  I used the DSP from the mini - Howlstooth and Scaringbone - and a little Striped Satin Ribbon (also from the mini) for an accent.  The sentiment (from Toxic Treats) is in Tangerine Tango.  The cat and black layer all all popped up on dimensionals.  Fun!  (Have you noticed that this week my projects are all quite clean and uncluttered?  I do!  ... now if only I could get my kitchen to look that way *lol*!)

That's it for now ... if time allows I'll make that 4th project tonight ... until next time ... have a stampy night!

Tam



No comments:

Post a Comment