Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello Kitty!

Well look at me!  2 posts in one day ... I must be catching up *lol*

Well I made it to Toys R Us at 9:45 am.  By 10:00 am I was totally stressed (what else is new??) over what to buy Alicia for her birthday present.  Half an hour later I walked out with a (gulp) Hello Kitty Kareoke Machine.  Good Lord!  What have I done???!!!  I THINK she'll like it.  I'm sure she will for about 2 days ... after that I'm not so sure!  I suppose if all else fails we can use it at my next Stampin Technique Class *lol* ... now THAT would be a giggle!

I picked up the kids and headed home to make her a birthday card.  There is DEFINATELY a Hello Kitty theme going on this year ... Rebecca got her a Hello Kitty figurine set ... so of COURSE I had to make a Hello Kitty birthday card.  I LOVE it!  Check it out!
Hee Hee!  SO cute!  I got the idea from Tami White but had to change it a little bit.  Tami had used circles for the eyes and added some white gel pen acents to the eyes and drew some eyelashes.  She also made straight whiskers.  I had a picture of Hello Kitty and her eyes are actually ovals ... with no white ...and the whiskers were slightly curved so that's what I did.  The eyes and nose are made with the small oval punch.  The bow is red glimmer paper punched with the retired butterfly punch and 3/4" circle punch.  The whiskers were made using the Bird Builder punch (part of the branch).  I LOVE how it turned out.  Rebecca went crazy over it ... so it must be good *lol*.  I then made a matching custom envelope to fit the whiskers and bow which slightly extend over the card itself:
When we were in the airport coming home I found a little Hello Kitty stamp set that I bought for the girls.  It's the perfect touch for the envelope!  I colored it with Real Red and Daffodil Delight markers.  Wa-low!  The perfect card for my little 7 year old!

So there you have it.  1 project off my never-ending to-do list!

Pop back tomorrow to check out my Halloween treats!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment