Monday, October 22, 2012

French Foliage and Autumn Accents

HAPPY MONDAY!!

Woo Hoo!  Monday!  My favorite day of the week!!  I had hoped to be a little further ahead of the game than I am so far today but I'll get there ... eventually.

I am THRILLED to say that this weekend was a HUGE success stamping-wise.  I had a GREAT time at my Hostess Class on Friday night.  What an awesome group of ladies AND gentlemen ... yes, MEN!  For the first time EVER I stamped with not one but TWO men!  I still think Matt should buy the Starter Kit and do what I do ... and Skyler!  SO creative!  He came up with some amazing cards!  I hope they all had as much fun as I did!  Oh!  ... while we DID make my Need for Speed card ... I added an option for them if they wanted it ... they could color the car red.  Here's the pic:
A few of my friends mentioned that they thought my original needed a punch of color so there it is.  Love it!

Right ... so Friday was awesome ... met some great new people and had a fun night.  Sadly my Saturday party had to be postponed ... but that worked out really well for me.  Saturday I was so tired from my creating-marathon on Thursday that I was a bit of a waste of make-up.   It gave me the whole day to prep and set up for Sunday's Stamp-a-Stack.  That too was a lot of fun.  We had 8 stampers, 3 of whom I hadn't met before.  It's always fun to have new people to get to know.  I have 2 cards to show from the SAS.  Today I'll post my favorite one ... lookie:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Love it!  SO quick and SO easy yet SO nice!!  It works for birthday, sympathy, Just a Note, Thinking of You ... even a "guy" card.  Do they get any more perfect than that??  I used the French Foliage set (which will be my Stamp-Set-of-the-Month set for November as I think it is a MUST HAVE set!!!)  (page 86 og the catty; $17.95 clear; $24.95 wood) The mat is River Rock.  I stamped the script (behind the leaves) in River Rock, the leaves in Always Artichoke and the splotches in Crumb Cake.  The sentiment is from a retired set (but works with most of our birthday sentiment stamps ... I had to use a retired one as my "Birthday Wishes" stamp from Bring on the Cake was being used on another card).  That's it!  That's all!  I cracked off 10 of this little beauties in about 15 minutes - my kinda card!!

I'll post the other SAS card another day - I haven't taken a picture of it yet ... but here is another quick card I put together for the party that was postponed ..
I used the GREAT Core'dinations card stock (mini page 6 - $9.95) in Espresso and ran it through the woodgrain folder (mini page 33 - $9.95).  I then punched out the leaves in Cajun Craze, Old Olive and More Mustard with the Autumn Accents die (mini page 33 - $26.95).  I made the acorn with Crumb Cake and Champagne Glimmer Paper (mini page 18 - $5.95).  The sentiment is from Lacey & Lovely (page 99 of the catty - $21.95 clear; $30.95 wood) stamped in Early Espresso.  (Are you starting to believe that I really DID buy about 95% of the items in the mini catalogue this year?? *lol*)

So that's it for now ... I have to go turn up the heat.  I'm sitting here with my jacket on and still shivering ... and my fingers are freezing!!  I hate to see what I'm like when it's -20 degrees out!!

See you soon - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment