Thursday, October 25, 2012

Biscotti Treats

Happy Thursday!!

Just a quickie today as it's a short school day for the girls and I have to hit Toys-R-Us in 25 minutes to pick up their Christmas-present ... so I'll get right to it!

These are the Club Girl gifts I put together Tuesday night.  I just LOVE them!  I made 32 of them in 2 1/2 hours ... now THAT'S MY kind of quick and easy treat.  Check 'em out ...

What are they?  Individually wrapped Biscotti!  Have you ever tried these?  I get them at Costco ... but they are only available in the individually wrapped boxes over Christmas so stock up now!!  They are the perfect little treat for teachers and/or co-workers as they are cute, quick to make and economical.  A box of 18 is (I think) $7.99!!  I wanted to make something like this last year but when I went to get one to wrap I discovered my husband had eaten them ... ALL!  They are SOOO good!  They are caramel and praline ... mmmmm ...

So, how did I wrap them?  Easy!  I grabbed my favorite Framelits - the Labels Collection - and used the larged one to cut out 32 "wrappers" out of the Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper (page 4 of the mini $15.95).  I only used (8) of the (12) sheets of 12x12 paper in the pack and got 32 out of it.  I also discovered that you can cut (2) out at a time since the DSP is thinner than our regular card stock.  The label fits nicely around the biscotti.  I then used my Crop-o-dile to punch a hole in the top of the label and threaded through a 14" piece of Sweater Trim Ribbon through it (page11 of the mini - $8.50).  I find this Trim too thick to use nicely on cards but it is GREAT for packaging like this!  I used my Scallop Circle punch to punch out the Early Espresso image from Perfect Punches (page 120 of the catty; $21.95 clear; $30.95 wood) then punched out a Lucky Limeade Circle with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch (page 184 of the catty - $21.95) and then the Perfect Punches sentiment (stamped in Real Red) with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch (page 184 - $21.95).

Aren't they awesome??!!  I hope my Club Girls like them as much as I do!

That's it for today ... but I have lots of cards to share so pop back soon.  In the meantime - have a stampy day!


Tam

\

No comments:

Post a Comment