Monday, September 10, 2012

Waterfall Fun!

HAPPY MONDAY!!!

If you live in Edmonton you'll know that I'm having a GREAT day!!  Not only is it Monday (my favorite day of the week) but it's a cold, RAINY Monday ... what better weather for cleaning, organizing and crafting???  I got SO much off my To-Do list today I can't STAND it!  Yep ... another 3 days like today and I'd be ahead of the game!  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sleep for the first time in weeks now that my plate seems to be at a manageable level again.  Phew!

Soooo - today I'm sharing another 2 cards we made at Technique Class on Friday (and will do again on Wednesday, if you want to come!)  First up is a VERY simple ... and rather pathetic ... card - I just threw it into the mix as a bonus 4th project to show-case another watercolor crayon technique.  Don't laugh ... at it, K?
I mean REALLY!  Does it get any more basic than that?  *lol*  I think I may have taken "Quick and Simple" to the far OTHER extreme ... now I better start working on making cards a little more complex again *lol*  For this one I scribbled the watercolor crayons directly onto my clear block, spritzed it with water (very little and from far away!!) and then used the block as a stamp to get the colored squares ... one is in Baja Breeze, one in Sahara Sand and one in Bravo Burgundy.  I stamped the Just Believe image in black Staz-on.  That's it!  I didn't even put a sentiment on it!  I figure this one could be used just blank ... we all need a card now and then without anything on it ... maybe to mail a cheque or a photo ... this one fits the bill!

OK - now on to a much more time-consuming card.  I made a Halloween Waterfall card.  Lookie:

OK ... try to follow along on this one ... feel free to take notes ... here goes ...
  • Start with your standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" base. 
  • Take a 2" x 5" strip of Whisper White and run it through your Spider Web embossing folder. 
  • Cut a strip of black 1" x 4 1/4".  (This is the thin strip you see with brads on it). 
  • Now cut a strip of black 2" x 9" and score it at  2", 2 3/4", 3 1/2" and 4 1/4".  Fold on each of the score lines
  • Cut (4) colored squares (Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry) 2 1/4" x 2 1/4".  Cut (4) whisper white scquares 2" x 2".
  • Stamp images on the WW squares - I used images from Wicked Cool.  Attach the WW squares to the colored squares. 
  • Attach your thin 1" x 4 1/4" strip of black to the base using sticky strip and/or brads ... BUT ONLY APPLY TAPE AND BRADS NEAR THE EDGES.  You DON'T want any adhesive in the middle of the strip!
  • Slide your 2" x 9" strip underneath your 1" x 4 1/4" strip - the "unscored" section goes under the thin strip ... the scored sections will fold over the TOP of the thin strip.
  • Apply some sticky strip to the top of the thin 1" x 4 1/4" strip - centre and attach the 2" x 9" piece to it.
  • Starting from the bottom score line, atach your colored squares.  Line up the top of the colored square with the score line.  Attach all 4 squares.
  • On my card I simply drew an arrow (with my white gel pen) on the black strip to indicate the recipient should pull it.  You could also punch a hold and attach a piece of ribbon to it.
Clear as mud?  Well now that I've tortured you with instructions you can check out this tutorial ... it has pictures that better explain what I'm trying to say!  ... Typical that I found this AFTER I wrote it all out *lol*.  Here is the link to the tutorial:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/waterfall_card/

I think that's it!  6:00 pm and I still have the whole evening ahead of me!  I'm on a roll, Baby! 

Stay warm and have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment