Thursday, September 6, 2012

Clockworks

Happy Thursday!!!

Ahhh - what a lovely day :)  Today everything pretty much went to plan.  Now that school is back in, my plan is to get up when Craig leaves (at 6:30 am), shower, get ready, make my bed, drink my coffee in peace, get the girls up and off, walk the dog, eat my breakfast and then work from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm.  Today it went off like clockwork!  I was ready for work by 9:59!!  ... ok ... so I almost forgot to pick up the kids from school (early dismissal) and after we got home I worked again from 12:30 until 3:00 pm but that's ok!  Not only did I still manage to get dinner on the table but I spent an hour finishing off a game of Monopoly with Rebecca!

So .... speaking of clockwork ... I have a new favorite card!  ... and it just HAPPENS to be made with the new "Clockworks" stamp set!  I was inspired by this fabulous card I saw on our SU website made by Australian Demonstrator Carolyn King.  Check this beauty out!
Isn't is great??!!  There is a LOT going on with this card ... and I wanted to use it for my Technique Class tomorrow so I needed to streamline it a bit.  Here is my version ...
LOVE it!  Yep - my new favorite *lol*  Once again my photo lighting leaves a lot to be desired!  I used Early Espresso and Not Quite Navy inks and card stock.  The sentiment is the single Happy Birthday stamp on page 44 (only $8.95!) and the set is ... well, obviously .. Clockworks ... page 105 of the catty.  I used the 1 1/4", 1", and 3/4" circle punches for the cogs and watch.  I also used an antique brad for the centre of the watch. 

That's it for now!  I have to go play Play-Doh with Alicia now.  I have 3 other projects to share so pop back soon - have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment