Friday, August 10, 2012

Ribbon of Hope - Take 2!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!  Woo Hoo!  My computer is up and running again (thanks to my wonderful, amazing, talented husband!!!!!)  It never ceases to amaze me at just how darned dependant we are on computers!  But no time to babble on today .... I have 256 e-mails to read go through ... and about a dozen stamping-related e-mails to send out so here goes!

These are the pictures I tried (in vain) to post a few days ago.  Here is the beautiful little Isabelle:

Isn't that just the sweetest picture EVER??!!  Please send your prayers and wishes for this little angel and a succesful, speedy recovery!!

Here is the first "Thank You" Ribbon of Hope card I designed ...
I made it using the ever-popular and reserected stamping technique "Triple Time Stamping".  This was a popular technique years ago but has recently been brought back by a fabulous card Dawn Olchefske created (check out her blog www.dostamping.tyepad.com for a full tutorial).  As I mentioned last post, I made the card in pink, not thinking about it.  Of course pink is the ribbon color for breast cancer.  For leukemia the color is orange so I had to change the card.  I like tis technique but to be honest I've seen so many cards made with it this week I thought I'd come up with something more original.  Onward! 

My second attempt:

Emmmm - it's ok.  I'm not really sure what I don't like about it ... I think the process just took too long on this one - I didn't love it so decided to move on again.  Oh ... I used the new Blooming With Kindness stamp set.  I inked the image in Daffodil delight and then took my Tangerine Tango markers and tapped it in various spots on the stamp.  The sentiment was stamped in Pumpkin Pie (I used Tangerine Marker but when it mixes with the yellow it comes out very close to Pumpkin Pie ... if I would have used Pumpkin marker the orange would have been lighter on the flower ... I didn't want that so went with the Tangerine).  I used the Scalloped Ribbon Border punch to make the border and the ... GASP!  the EYELET BORDER PUNCH RETIRED??!!  who knew?!  ... well, I probably new ... but I don't mark my retired punches AS retired punches ... guess I should start doing that!!  Anyway .... didn't love the card so tried again.  Third time was the charm.  I really like my final version:
It clean, simple and to-the-point.  I used Chocolate Chip and Tangerine Tango cs and ink.  The DSP is from the Summer Smooches DSP.  I used the Designer Frame Folder to get the oval frame (LOVE those little folders!) and the (retired) RIbbon of Hope stamped in the middle.  A brad is in the middle of it.  The sentiments is from the (new) Sweet Essentials set (page 140 of the catty - yes, it IS an essential!)

SO there you have it ... finally!  My Thank You cards to all who donated money to my friend Casey.  I have them made and addressed ... now I just need to write inside them and drop them in the mail box!

Check back again soon ... I have FOUR FABULOUS cards to show off - I LOVE them ... but have to pace myself ... now that I have my computer back I realize that my back hasn't hurt in a week ... the same amount of time I have NOT been sitting in my computer chair!

Well ... until next time ... have a stampy weekend!!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment