Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Flowering Flourishes

Happy Tuesday!

Wow.  I'm happy to report that I have now designed the five cards we will be making at my Stamp-a-Stack on Sunday.  This is DEFINATELY the latest I have ever left the designing process for such a big event ... then again, I guess I DID only decide to have it a few weeks ago!  Today was the first "down day" I've had in over a week.  Between funerals, garage sales, Father's Day and field trips I have been scheduled up the ying yang!  I realized if I didn't get my SAS cards designed today there would be a very good chance that I would be doing it Saturday.  That's a little too close for comfort for me so I'm SO relieved I have it done with a few days to spread out the cutting.  It never ceases to amaze me how long the "quick and easy" cards take me to design!!!  It took me approximately 7 HOURS to come up with 5 cards!!  My mojo was lagging a bit today and I had to keep "undoing" things to try to keep them simple!  I'm going to tease you and only show you one card a day ... that will keep you coming back :))

Naturally - the degree to which I like each card is inversely related to how long it took me to make it!  Yep - the quickest one I like the most and the one that took me the longest I like the least.  Typical.  Soooooo - I think I'll start with my favorite one first.  Here it is:
Love it!  So crisp and clean!  I used the new Flowering Flourishes for the flowering flourish (*lol) and Loving Thoughts for the sentiment.  I stamped the flourish in Versamark and used black embossing powder.  The sentiment is just in black ink.  I simply attached some of the 1/2" Scallop Dots Black ribbon and some rhinestones to finish it off.  Wa-low!  Quick and easy!  Seriously -this one took me about 5 minutes to come up with.  What I love about this card is that SO many different sentiments work with it from the Loving Thoughts set.  This can be used as a sympathy, wedding, thank you, thinking of you or just because kind-of card.  This is definately one I will make a swack of and then add the sentiment on a need-to-mail-basis.

OK - I have now lost all feeling in my left butt cheek due to all the sitting today (oh ... sorry ... was that an over-share? *lol*)  I'm off to read the girls a bed-time story.  Come back tomorrow for another card.  Have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment