Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Happy Tuesday!

OK - I think I fell into a time warp last week - I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted!  It has definately been whirl wind around here - especially on the weekend.  In true Tamara fashion I bit off WAY more than I could chew ... but chew I did an eventually managed to get 'er all done! 

The highlight of the last week had to be yesterday.  For those of you who aren't on my e-mail list ... yesterday I officially earned the Stampin' Up! Getaway vacation for two.  I am just so over-the-top excited and can't STAND it!!!  I was actually fairly emotional about it yestereday which I found very odd.  I've know that I WOULD earn it ... it was just a matter of placing a few more orders .. but when I finally placed the order yesterday ... the one that put me over the finish line I almost burst into tears!  I just can't thank my customers, friends and family enough for their support, encouragement and orders!  This has been an amazing year for me business wise.  The success I have achieved has filtered into every other aspect of my life - I'm more confident, driven and happy!  My "work" is fun - I get to make money "playing" with my craft toys ... and then I get to have parties with friends!  My Club-Girls generally start off as customers but after a few classes together truly do turn into friends - I don't have to "work" when they come over to craft - I"m just myself and we all have a good time.  Don't get me wrong - having a home-based business isn't ALL fun!  There are days where I don't have a creative ounce of energy but HAVE to come up with a project - or the days when I HAVE to do the paperwork or HAVE to assemble all the marketing material.  Those days are few and far between, however and I fell VERY blessed to be able to do what I do.  Every now abd then I get the urge to get a job outside of the home - but really, the cost of child care, gas, lunches out and everything else that goes with it just doesn't make financial sense.

I know most of you who read my blog are already demonstrators - but those of you who aren't ... and are looking for a way to make a little (or a lot!) of money in your "spare" time you really should give this business a try.  Buy the Starter Kit.  It's only $125.  If you decide the "business" isn't for you then don't do it - you still get a smokin' good deal on the kit and you have some great craft supplies at a low price.  But just think ... what if the "business" IS for you?  Well ... then you will be one of the lucky ones - like me - and find yourself being pampered on an all expense paid trip for two to some exotic destination.  And heck - we could hang out together ;)

Right!  Enough babbling on for this post - let's see some projects!

First up is a quick and easy card I put together for my party Sunday afternoon (shout out to Sheila D - thanks again for havingt me Sheila - I really had a great time!)
Love it!  It's the perfect "go to" card when you are in a rush.  I used the new Betsy's Blossom set and Birthday Wishes for the sentiment.  The colors are Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green (love it!), Pacific Point and Raspberry Ripple (love it too!).  I stamped them and punched them out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and matted them with the 1 3/8" circle punch with the Pacific Point.  A few rhinestones in the centres and some dimensionals and Wa-low!  Done!  It's a gret generic card - Thank You, Birthday, Just a Note, Hello ... lots of options - and bright and cheery.

Next up is one I WANTED to have for Sheila's party but I realized after stamping the image 5 times it might not be a great card to make at a party ... with first time stampers *lol*.  I think my Club-Girls can handle it, though ... so we might make a version of it Friday ... but with Crystal Clear embossing for the lid rather than the Espresso ink:
I like the final result of the card but it really was a long-time-a-comin'!  I used Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White and Daffodil delight cs, ink and ribbon.  Even though I have the "A Cherry on Top" set in clear mount I found my Stamp-a-ma-jig was a must for this one.  I think that was because when I had the lid on my block I didn't have it on straight and it took 5 tries to get it straight.  I stamped the sentiment in Daffodil and the cherry in Cobbler.  I used the eyelet punch and my corner rounder.  Hmmm - yes - we may use it Friday ... we'll see if I can come up with something else ...

Next is a card I made today - I actually preferred it before I sprayed it with my Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz ... I love the rest of it though.  Again, a bit of a high maintenance card but I had fun getting lost in the process:
What I like best about it is the little bitty pops of red.  I used Baja Breeze, Real Red and Midnight Muse cs and markers.  I ran the white piece through the polka dot emboss folder.  I stamped the entire snowflake and bird in Baja Breeze ink first and then used my Marina Mist and Midnight Muse markers to go over some of the snowflakes, bird, branch and Real Red for the hat.  I punch the image out with the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I used my 3" Circle Big Shot Die for the Midnight Muse circle (I KNEW one day I would use that one!!)  I then punched the bird out with my 1" circle punch and trimed the teeny tiny little white edge so only the blue edge circle around the bird showed.  I put a 1 1/4" circle in the hole and popped the bird up on a dimensional.  I used my Word Play sentiment in Real Red ... then stamped a midnight muse snowflake and punched it out with the 1/2" circle punch and popped it in the middle of the "joy".  It's hard to see but I put a rhinestone in the centre of that snowflake.  I then spritzed it with Vanilla Shimmer ... but like I said, I preferred it before I did that (HATE when that happens!  Gotta learn when to stop!)  All in all I really like this card.  It's quite striking in person - the color combo really pops.

OK - had enough?  Good - my fingers are getting sore *lol*  Come back again ... I'll see if I can post inside of a week this time :)

Have a stampy day :)  (hee hee - I like that as my new tag line :)  )


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment