Saturday, April 21, 2012

AWOL

Happy Saturday!

Had you given me up for lost??  Sorry I've been AWOL for the last 2 weeks ... sheesh!  I can't remember the last time I went so long without posting!  I'm not sure what happened ... I think I was on such a roll for a while there that I ran out of creative juices!  Yesterday I had 4 HOURS to myself ... the DOG wasn't even home (he was at the groomers) but I just couldn't get "it" going!  I tried card after card - they were all epic failures.  I guess I just don't have enough pressure on at the moment ... and I always create best when I have a REASON to create i.e. a wedding or birthday for a friend.  I DID manage to come up with a quick little card for Rebecca last night ... her birthday is on Wednesday and for ONCE I remembered to make her a card BEFORE her birthday, not the day OF (usually while she is at school!)  It won't set the stamping world on fire but I know she'll like it.  She is turning 9 and BOY has she grown up in the last year.  No more princess and butterfly cards - we are now into "rock star" cards ...
Cards using these stamp sets really seem to design themselves ... I used the Extreme Elements set (a "staple" set you should add to your collection) for the background splotch and Grunge Rock for the rest.  I used Whisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant with Melon Mambo.  I added LOTS of splurtz of color using the Color Spritzer Tool (page 203 of the catty - if you haven't seen this in use remind me at the next Technique Class and I'll demo it - lots of fun!).  Of course I had to add LOTS of bling ... I got through those darned rhinestones like crazy these days!!

That's it for stamping this week ... I hope to get some mojo back next week.  I'll leave you with shots of me, Rebecca and Koda, the dog.  Rebecca and I went to the hair salon last week as part of our annual "Special Mommy / daughter Day" pre-birthday-day-together and we both came out looking TOTALLY different than when we walked in ... Koda went to the groomer on Friday and I couldn't believe it was the same dog!  So here are some pics for your viewing pleasure :)

This is me March 23rd when I thought I was having a pretty good hair day ...

This is me April 19th after my hair appointment ...
I LOVE it!!  ... Craig loves it too!

Here is Rebecca at Christmas:
... and after her hair appointment:
Wow.  This picture just takes my breath away.  She looks so much older ... and mature.  Wow.

And lastly Koda.  The day before his "do":
... and after ...
*lol*  OMG this picture cracks me up.  For the first time since we got him I can see his eyes!  Doesn't he just look like a great big stuffy??!!  ... and one that just came out of the dryer all fluffed up?  MAN I love that little fur ball ... well, he's not so little anymore ... and still growing 2 pounds a week!  He'll be about 56 pounds when he's fully grown!  Yikes!

Well ... that's it for today - I'm pooped .. gunna go wind down by finishing off my gifts for my Club Girls for this month ... stay tuned for those!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ... I'll post again soon!


Tam





1 comment:

  1. Tamara, you look absolutely AWESOME! I love the new look and your work is as always an inspiration and amazing. I am off to Mexico next Saturday but when I get back will be posting again on my blog. We should get together and do coffee (hint, hint!)

    ReplyDelete