Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oooo - shimmery ....

Happy Wednesday!

Ahhhh - I feel the stress melting away.  I have a bit of a break for the next few days insofar as I don't have any major fires to put out.  Oh sure - I DO have 5 cards to design for my upcoming Stamp-a-stack ... and I DO have to design 3 cards for an upcoming fundraiser ... oh, and their is my commission for 24 cards ... and another commission for 10 invitations ... but those don't count as "burning".  I can take a day or two and catch up on all those "little things" ... like paying bills ... feeding the family something that resembles a healthy dinner ... and training the fur ball (just look at how darned cute he is ...)
Hee hee .. he just makes me giggle (... when he isn't driving me crazy!)

I have 2 projects to share today.  The first one is a Valentine treat I thought we might make at my class last night.  In the end I decided against it as the Technique project was fairly time consuming.  Here is the treat:
It was really quick to put together.  I used the Pillow Box die for the Big SHot.  The "Love" is from the retired It's a Wrap Holidays set.  I stamped the imgae on my Avery Labels and stuck it on the box.  I stamped it 3 more times and wrapped it around (3) Swiss Delice chocolates (Costco) - they fit inside.  I punched Espresso and Cobbler hearts with the small heart punch and tied the 1/8" Espresso ribbon to hold it closed.  Fun!

Here is the Technique card we made last night (and will again on Friday):
Oooo - shimmery!  I used the new Edgelits die to scallop the edge of the card stock and then stamped the image from Bordering on Romance (in the mini) in Black Staz-On.  I embossed the front white piece with the Elegant Bouquet folder and used the black polka dot ribbon as an accent.  I put the TWO stamps from Bordering on ROmance onto one clear block and stamped it in Staz-on, then punched it out with the 3 1/2" circle punch.  Now comes the fun part (thanl you Joan Jeffery for the inspiration on this - 24 hours ago I had no idea what our technique would be this month until I saw your Extravaganza projects!!)  I spritzed a few shots of the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz into a container and "painted" the flowers and embossed areas with my blender pen (and a q-tip).  Isn't it pretty??   It's a great affect.  Try it out!

RIght - the little beast is awake - must run!  Have a fun day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment