Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oh Baby!

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!!!!

Having a good weekend so far?  mine TOTALLY ROCKS!!  Last night I had a fantASTIC time at my Appreciation Night.  I'm hoping my Ladies all had fun too.  The only down side is I wore my heels for too long ... MAN I'm out of practice!  My back is kiliing me today!  Hard to believe I wore heels twice as high every week day for YEARS.  Ah the joys of working from home ... in slippers *lol*.

Today was just as great (and it's only 3:22 pm).  We got up and headed on a road trip to Sylvan Lake to look at PUPPIES!  Yep - done deal.  We are now the proud owners of an ADORABLE little Golden Doodle pup.  We get him on Friday.  Here is a picture of "Red" .. that's just his litter name ... we still haven't convinced the girls to call him Sampson, Dakota or Roscoe. 
Isn't he sweet?  *lol*  wow.  I can only imagine what the next 4 weeks of my life are going to look like!

Right - onto a card.  HEre is the baby card I made for my friend last week.  I can't take credit for it.  I copied it from a swap I received at our Stampin' Up! Regionals last September.  I can't give credit to the artist - she didn't provide her details on the swap.  So ... whomever you are ... I love your card and thank you for the inspiration.  Here is my version:
It's almost as cute as the puppy, isn't it?!  It was SO quick and easy to make.  I ran the Whisper White card stock through the Scallop Circle Die, making sure to place the folded card stock just inside 3 of the scallops so the back of the carriage wouldn't be cut off.  I then cut off a pie sized piece and ran it through the Houndstooth emboss folder.  The circles for the wheels are th 1" and 3/4" circle punches and the hearts are the small heart punch.  The fringe on the top is from the scallop trim border punch and the handle is from the letter "S" from my Serif  Essentials Alphabets.  Clever, no?  The ribbon is my retired Bashful Blue Taffeta.  The whole thing took me about 20 minutes from start to finish.  I just love it.

I'm off to relax now.  I see crafting in my future.  This weekend ROCKS!  Hope yours does too.  Have a fun day :)


Tam

1 comment:

  1. Your puppy is so cute!!! (And yes, I had fun at the Appreciation Night! :D)

    ReplyDelete