Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hearts and Presents

Happy Tuesday! ... well it would be happier if my 6 year old wasn't in the middle of a 10 minute temper tantrum!

I have two cards to share with you today.  The first one is similar to yesterday's post.  I tweaked it a little to use at my worksho this weekend.  This card is standard sized whereas yesterday's was 6 1/2" x 3 1/4".  I didn't have enought of the open ended envelopes for the workshop so I had to change it a little:
Again I used the Sweet Shop DSP from the mini but this time I used the sentiments from Curly Cute.  You can't see it in this picture but I used the Simply Score tool to score 3 lines on either side of the Happy Birthday and two lines above the presents.  It really adds that little "something" when you have dead space on a card and other embellishments are too overpowering.  Iwill definately be scoring more projects this way in the future!

My second card started from the Valentine Card I posted a couple days ago.  I was going to use it for my upcoming workshops but I love the card above so much I want to use THAT one and the layouts were just too similar for my liking.  Sooo .... 10 minutes later I had this card ... and I love it!
I used the Adorning Accents heart emboss folder (from the mini).  Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso (again!)  The sentiment is from Sweet Cake.  The hearts are from the large heart and small heart punches.  The expresso heart is embossed with the stamp from PS I love you with the vanilla scented emboss powder and popped up with dimensionals.  (LOOK TAMYE!  I DID IT!  CLEAN AND SIMPLE!  ... ALL BY MYSELF!!!)

Right - the tantrum appears to be over .... now I need to move on to damage control.  Hope you have a tantrum free day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment