Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bells & Boughs ... again

Happy Thursday!

It was one of those good days / bad days around here. 

It was bad because I had both girls home today - Alicia had a REALLY sore throat and Rebecca was under the weather as well with a cold.  I think the first 20 days of the school year has caught up with them and they just couldn't fight off all the germs floating around at school.  The last week+ has been particularly busy around her too with "Uncle" coming to town, Alicia's birthday and so on.  Our schedule has been off, they have been going to bed a little later, a little more chaos and excitement ... the germs won.

On the other hand, it was a good day because I had a fun "putzing" day.  I didn't have much of a plan to get anything done and ended up doing lots.  I headed downstairs to get the bathroom cleaning supplies at 9:00 am.  I never did make it back to the bathroom with them!  I DID, however, purge the pantry, sort and pay some bills, clean the fridge, make hamburger soup, make ham and split pea soup, make 3 batches of pumkin cookies, play "Clue" with two sick little girls, color two pictures (I LOVE coloring ... and often keep coloring my picture after the girls have long left the room *lol*), wash and put away 2 loads of laundry and organize half the playroom.  Not bad!  A few more of those kinds of days and I might get ahead! 

Well, I hope your day was a productive one.

I didn't make it to the craft room today (probably a BIG reason I got so much other "stuff" done) so I thought I would finally post that Christmas card I promised you about 2 months ago!  When I first made this card I put it beside my computer and stared at it for DAYS.  I just fell in love with it.  It is still my favorite one so far this year.  I posted a similar version a few weeks back - it was distressed and more "vintage":
This one has a similar look but using different ribbon and an antique brad.  I like it better than the one above:
But this one is my favorite.   It's crisp, clean and elegant:
I used the Framed Tulip Folder on Very Vanilla card stock - used Early Espresso to mat another piece of Very Vanilla.  The image is from Bells & Boughs and the sentiment from Four the Holidays.  The ribbon is the Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim and I used an antique brad and some pearls to finish it off.  Notice the brad .. it is a pointsettia! (did I spell that right?!) 

So there you have it - my favorite card .... so far ;)  Tune in next week when I'm sure I'll be in love with yet another one ... yes ... the addiction continues ...

Have a fun Friday and a wonderful Thanksgiving  XOXO


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment