Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beautiful Season

Heidi Ho Stampers :)

Not much to report today - it was an "easy" day.  Got up, drank coffee, did my butt & thigh pilates DVD (I love any excercises I can do lying down!) then headed to the park with the girls.  Brrr!  It was a cold breeze a blowin' out there ... then again, not as cold as it will be a month from now so we bundled up and made the most of it.  Headed home for some lunch, a few dishes, an e-mail or two then we jumped on our bikes and headed to the park by the Girls' school.  They really wanted to go ... I pointed out they would be going to that park 3 times a day for the whole school year but ... as they put it ... "still!"  So off we went.  I figure the riding into the wind might have shaved off two or three more calories so it was all good :)

Home to put the dinner on, feed the kids (who actually ATE their dinner WITHOUT a SINGLE complaint!! .... then again, I didn't TECHNICALLY give them any lunch ... hee hee ... more than one way to get a kid to eat their dinner!) and tidy up.

While the kids were outside playing and Craig was making home-made tomato sauce (with his own garden grown tomatoes & carrots) I hit the craft room for half an hour and came up with this:
I think it looks better in person.  It's the Beautiful Season stamp set in Basic Gray ink.  It's matted with Cherry Cobbler card stock and the whisper white base is embossed with the Tulip folder.  I used a finger dauber in Basic Gray ink to highlight the tulip edging.  Cherry Cobbler seam binding finishes it off.  Hmm.  I'm not sure how I feel about this one.  It only took about 5 minutes so I'm not sure I'm allowed to like it.  I think I have to invest at LEAST half an hour in a card before I'm certain it's nice.  I like the simplicity of it ...  I like the "pencil drawing" effect of the gray ... I like the ribbon ... I think I like that there is no sentiment ... does it look weird because it isn't coloured?  Hmmm.  Not sure.  I'm going to have to sit and contemplate this one for a while.  Then again ... I can do what I usually do - post it on the Stampin' Up site and if I get a lot of hits and/or "likes" on it then I'll know it's good!  Right!  Off I go!

Have a fun night :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment