Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ahhhh Sunday :)

I love Sundays :)

I've had such a great, relaxing weekend.  Yesterday was my Special Day Out with Rebecca.  Every year, just before her birthday, we go out shopping for her pretty birthday dress.  I actually bought her dress about a month ago so yesterday we went to the hair salon (each for a cut) then for lunch and then shopping for new shoes and general "stuff".  We had a great day together, topping it off with a Blizzard from DQ on the way home.

Today was fun too.  My Aunt June, cousin-in-law Noelle and her three daughters were in town from Calgary for a skating competition and they came over from brunch.  I haven't seen them in about 5 years!  It was nice to catch up.  This afternoon I spent an hour or so in my craft room finishing off some cards for a customer.  I'm now waiting for my husband to finish cooking dinner and then I'm thinking a little "Tangled" with some popcorn and my girls (although I seem to have more interest in seeing it than they are!)

My cat Charlie had a fun day today too.  He caught his first mouse of the season.  How nice that he decided to bring his fresh kill into the house and play with it on Craig's freshly washed winter jacket!  (THAT will teach him to leave his jacket on the floor!)

OK - onto some cards!  Here is an easy Easter card for those of you who still have time to make and mail them:

It's the same layout I used for the baptism card a few weeks back.  I used the lily from Fifth Avenue Floral with Sterling Silver embossing powder - the sentiment is from Fabulous Phrases.  I used the tulip embossing folder, sponged with a little pretty in pink around the edges.  PIP card stock and 1/4" taffeta ribbon finish it off.

Here is another Nurses Week card.  It is the same layout as the one I posted last week but instead of the hat I made a band-aid as my customer felt the younger nurses couldn't relate to the hat - I guess I'm dating myself on that one :)

The DSP is Night & Day (currently available on the Clearance Rack).  I used REal Red cs and ink.  THe black oval is the Large Oval punch (1 3/4" x 7/8") and the "you" in the middle uses the new Medium Oval that was in the holiday mini (it looks round but it IS oval).  The sentiments are from Wonderful Favorites and from Fabulous Phrases.  The buttons are from the nautrals Latte and from the retired brights collection.  I made the bandaid with a 1" x 2 3/4" piece of Blushing Bride cs and stamped it with the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp with Blushing Bride ink.  I then used a piece of 1" x 3/4" piece of BB and popped it up with dimensionals.  Apparently it looks VERY real as my mom thought it WAS a real band-aid :)

Hope you had a fun weekend -

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment