Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Guy" Valentine

I think I finally nailed it - a GUY Valentine.  As you know, Craig vetos any card with ribbon, brads, buttons or glitter - guys apparently don't like that kind of stuff.  Hmm.  SOME guys like that kind of stuff but I guess not MY guy.  Soooo - I'm forever trying to come up with a not-so-girlie card for men.  I think I got it!  Yes, it has ribbon (but not a bow) and Yes, it has a brad but only one and it is VERY simple.  No scallops, no frills, no foo foo stuff.  I used the Designer Series Paper Pack (neutrals) the label punch and the XOXO Stamp set.  Ribbon is the 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain and the brad is the 1/16" white.  Here it is:
Do you love it, do ya huh, do ya??!!  I do!  I got the inspiration from Heather Summers (click here to see her blog) who got the inspiration from the Stampin' Up! Leadership Convention in Nashville last week.  Thanks Heather!  I was awake half the night trying to come up with a Guy Valentine card for the Make-and-Take my friends will be making at my upcoming Garage Sale and Ladies Night!

Hope you're having a fun day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment