Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bliss ...

-32 degrees outside with 20 cm more snow and nothing to do all day but bake and craft.  THAT'S my definition of bliss!  (Although I gotta admit making Skor/Toffee cookies isn't o great way to staying on track with Weight Watchers!)

Speaking of bliss ... I was playing with the new "Bliss" set from the upcoming Sale-a-brations catalogue.  Vintage isn't my usual style but I thought I'd give it a "go" since the swirl just screams vintage.  I'm not lovin' the card but I do love the set.  Need to play a little more ...


I also had a few hours to play around with my new Letterpress from the Occasions Mini.  Hmmmm - not sure about it yet.  My first attempt didn't get the debossing very deep so I tried again and put a shim under the platform tab.  That gave a deeper impression.  I do love the crispness of the image!  Using craft ink gives the best results but increases the drying time.  Patience isn't one of my better virtues so I smudged it a bit.  I tried a few different color combinations trying to get a "masculine" Valentines day card.  Not sure this one is "manly" enough.  Craig says no ribbon, glitter or buttons on a "guy" card are allowed.  He say's this one is still too girlie.  Guess I'll keep playing with it ...


Hope you had a good weekend!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment