Friday, November 5, 2010

My New Favorite!

Wow!  I'm in LOVE with this card!!!  You just KNOW you "nailed it" when you prop the card up beside your computer and stare at it over and over all day long!  I went down to the craft room yesterday fully expecting to make a "Reflection" card using velum card stock for my upcoming technique class.  I just wasn't happy with the results so I did some "research and development" (as fellow demonstrator Trish Miles "Queen Of All Things" puts it) and stumbled across another reflection technique that just uses regular Whisper White card stock.  Thanks to fellow demonstrator Patricia Hargrove for the tips and inspiration.  Here is the result:
I have to work on my photography skills at some point but hopefuly you can see the reflection of the trees under the ribbon.  I found this result MUCH more realistic than the vellum technique.  For this card I stamped the image on the clear image sheet from my Stamp-a-ma-jig and then turned the SAMJ over to "blot" most of the image off on a scrap piece of paper.  Then I pressed the image sheet onto my card to transfer the light image.  Does that make sense?  It worked PERFECTLY!  I used sponging with Bashful Blue and Night of Navy - I tore the paper and sponged the tear then reassembled it. We will be doing this technique at my class on Friday, Nov 19th.  Hope you can come!

Hope you have a GREAT weekend.  Thanks for looking in :)

Tam

1 comment:

  1. Great card Tamara. I'll have to try that strategy out. I love how dark you've created the shoreline - it's striking!!!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete